Find the Fire (Reigniting Your Sense of Inspiration at Work)
Every organization needs their employees full-on and inspired by their work/workplace. But sobering statistics indicate that 70% of us have lost that lovin’ feeling and can feel their passion for work waning. But what if employees could rekindle full excitement for their work – like they used to feel when they first started in their jobs?
That can happen, and the audience will learn how in this 60-70 minute keynote (that can be tailored to any length). It starts with the audience understanding that it’s up to them (feeling inspired is a choice) and that inspiration is not a mysterious, fickle force – it can be codified and coaxed. The employees themselves can create the conditions where inspiration is MUCH more likely to occur.
Inspiration isn’t rekindled when one asks “What inspires me?” (followed by attempts to do more of that). Research shows that approach doesn’t work, it’s too passive, elusive, and easily repressed. The question to ask is “How did I lose my inspiration in the first place?” Inspiration was everywhere when you started, why not return to those naturally occurring sources rather than try to create it again out of thin air? And it turns out that there are 9 Anti-Muses – forces that have been quietly draining the inspiration from your work days. The audience learns what they are and how to combat them.
The audience walks away with:
- an understanding of the 9 Anti-Muses (the forces that drain our inspiration) and how to overcome them to rekindle their sense of inspiration, passion, and excitement for work
- a deep sense of inspiration from what they’ve just heard
- more energy and motivation
- highly applicable knowledge
- a set of practical tools
- a sense of intrigue born from new insights
- a strong desire to apply what they’ve just learned
Content/delivery is tailored to the audience according to client needs.