The Inspirational Leader: Video Course
Research indicates that the #1 thing employees want from their leader is for him/her to be inspirational–and yet only 10% say their boss is truly inspirational. And inspirational leaders aren’t born that way – they learn it. In fact, despite conventional wisdom, inspiration isn’t a mysterious, fickle force–it can be codified and coaxed and those taking this course will have the system to make it happen. Course-takers, no matter their starting point, can transform into a once-in-a-career inspirational leader–revered and remembered while delivering results.
This 6-module video training course introduces and goes deep on The 6 Paths to Inspiration – what research indicates are the most critical avenues through which a leader can/must inspire:
- Confidence Building
- Vision Setting
- Conscious Caring
- Autonomy & Enabling
The 6 learning modules are broken up into a series of videos each approximately 15-30 minutes in length. The course includes a pre and post survey to measure results, a companion workbook, and a number of bonuses (described below in the “Bonuses” section).
Scott Mautz teaches this course, designed for those seeking to master inspirational leadership, even transform–not for those merely seeking a tip or two and who aren’t willing to work to foster change. Accordingly, the course is packed with everything the viewer needs to double their IQ (Inspirational Quotient). The course embraces key adult learning principles to maximize engagement/retention. The material can be paced out over 6 weeks (1 lesson/week) or at a faster pace for “binge consuming” if desired. Practice Prompts are provided for each lesson to help the student practice/ingrain that lesson. A pre and post IQ (Inspirational Quotient) Test are provided so the student can measure results from taking the course, and a Companion Workbook is included to help students retain key concepts. All the content in the course takes about 4-5 hours to “consume”, although you can spend as much time as you’d like reflecting on the material and completing the exercises contained within the course. Many bonus items are also included as detailed in the “Bonuses” section further below.
- INTRODUCTION VIDEO, The IQ (Inspirational Quotient) Test – pdf, a Companion Workbook (fill-in-the-blank) – pdf
- PATH 1: INSPIRING THROUGH COMMUNICATION – video, PATH 1 Practice Prompts – pdf
- PATH 2: INSPIRING THROUGH CONFIDENCE BUILDING -video, PATH 2 Practice Prompts – pdf
- PATH 3: INSPIRING THROUGH VISION-SETTING – video, PATH 3 Practice Prompts – pdf
- PATH 4: INSPIRING THROUGH CONSCIOUS CARING – video, PATH 4 Practice Prompts – pdf
- PATH 5: INSPIRING THROUGH AUTONOMY & ENABLING – video, PATH 5 Practice Prompts – pdf
- PATH 6: INSPIRING THROUGH MEANING-MAKING – video, 5 Bonus Items (see below), PATH 6 Practice Prompts – pdf
After taking this course, students will be able to ...
- Inspire through their communications
- Inspire by skillfully building others confidence in themselves
- Inspire by setting a powerful vision everyone can rally around
- Inspire by showing up as caring to their organization
- Inspire by giving autonomy and empowering/enabling others
- Inspire by fostering meaning in and at work
You can measure results
The Inspirational Leader course comes with the IQ (Inspirational Quotient) Test–a numerically scored pre and post test that measures your depth of subject matter knowledge and confidence to act on it before and after you take the course. In other words, you’ll get a pre and post IQ score. You’ll see your inspirational leadership skills increase in many ways:
- Learn the art and science of communicating in a way that inspires the troops. Using the “3P Model of Inspiring Communication”, anyone can inspire with their words–even introverts.
- Learn how to inspire others by building their self-confidence (and your own)–the “4 Components of Confidence Building” will be your guide.
- Learn how to construct a truly inspiring vision that everyone can passionately rally around via a powerful metaphor/framework called “The Vision-Building Building”.
- Learn how to show up as caring in the ways coworkers want you to by practicing “The Caring Core”. Discover how to thoughtfully administer meaningful rewards & recognition and demonstrate passion for employees personal growth.
- Gain new appreciation for the importance of granting autonomy to inspire employees. Learn about the dark side of empowering others and how to grant “Intelligent Autonomy”. Powerfully enable using the “Enable Table” framework.
- Learn how to deeply inspire by creating meaning for your employees. The “5 Meaning Multipliers” will help you create meaning in and at work.
Buy the course for yourself at a special reduced price of $297 or for your group at $297 per student. Simply connect with Scott Mautz HERE, indicating your interest in the course and the number of course copies you’d like to buy, and Scott will personally follow up to answer any questions, confirm your interest, and formalize the details of the purchase.
- Video: “The 9 Most Uninspiring Inactions of a Leader.” This bonus lesson solves a problem; we can put so much effort into being an inspirational leader and then blow it by a set of actions we unwittingly don’t take. Don’t be that person.
- PDF’s: “The Inspiring in Crisis Plan” helps you shine in times of adversity, “The Inspiring Your Star Employees to Stay (& Soar) Action Plan” is key because finding talent is hard, but losing it is hard to take. And “The Authenticity Code of Conduct” is a blueprint for inspiring, authentic behavior.
- Download: “The Top 20 Most Inspiring Inc. Articles” sheet provides direct links to Scott Mautz’s most inspiring Inc. articles–as voted by his readers. You’ll find these extra little wisps of instruction and inspiration an uplifting complement to your toolkit.
- Cheatsheets: Use these handy reminders to keep you in an others-oriented mindset: “The 5 Musts for Being Mindfully Present”, “The Fundamentals of Feedback”, and “Risk Taking Conversation Starters”.
- Checklists: Use “The Top Behaviors of Rising Star Leaders” guide as a checklist to keep you on an upward trajectory, and the “How to Craft a Learning Environment” checklists to keep others rising along with you.
- Self-questionnaires: “The Innerview” is an introspective set of questions designed to help you articulate your desired legacy. “Purpose Power Questions” help you discover what your purpose might be at work (and in life).
Now is the time to unleash the Inspirational Leader inside of you/your group. Students can become the leader they’re yearning to be, guided by a recognized expert. They can profoundly impact the lives of those whom they work with. They can use personal power over position power to unlock discretionary energy and elevate everyone’s performance. So invest in yourself. Invest in your group. Invest in inspiration.