Elon Musk is the current media darling for having vision and achieving crazy things.
But let us not forget about a more “long-in-the-tooth” father of fulfillment. One of the original thought leaders on how to think big, dream bigger, and accomplish more than you thought possible: Sir Richard Branson.
The founder of Virgin (a.k.a. the original Elon Musk) regularly shares his top ten inspiring quotes on a variety of topics through his Virgin blog. Here are his favorites (from four separate blog entries) focused on helping you achieve all that you were meant to.
10. “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” – Malala Yousafzai
9.”Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
8. “There are no limitations to the mind except those that we acknowledge.” – Napoleon Hill
7. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu
6. “Continuous effort, not strength nor intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Winston Churchill
5.”I believe that if you have revolutionary potential, you must make the world a better place and use it.” – Lady Gaga
4. “Just try new things. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?” – Michelle Obama
3. “When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.” – Beyoncé
2. “I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.” – Elon Musk
1. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
10. If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are? – T.S. Eliot
9. Success is due to our stretching to the challenges of life. Failure comes when we shrink from them. – John C. Maxwell
8. The manager accepts the status quo; the leader challenges it. – Warren Bennis
7. Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, They’re supposed to help you discover who you are. – Bernice Johnson Reagon
6. It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself. – Muhammad Ali
5. Together we can face any challenges as deep as the ocean and as high as the sky. – Sonia Gandhi
4. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
3. Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional. – Roger Crawford
2. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life. – Amy Poehler
1. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. “The sky is not my limit… I am.” – T.F. Hodge
9. “A planet is the cradle of mind, but one cannot live in a cradle forever.” – Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
8. “The number of ways to live in one lifetime is limitless. So why limit yourself?” – Suzy Kassem
7. “Dreams have always expanded our understanding of reality by challenging our boundaries of the real, of the possible.” – Henry Reed
6. “When they say you can’t, they show you their limits, not yours.” – Kevin Keenoo
5. “The human spirit is like an elastic band. The more you stretch, the greater your capacity.” – Bidemi Mark-Mordi
4. “There are no limitations to the mind except those that we acknowledge.” – Napoleon Hill
3. “The finite mind tries to limit the infinite.” – Toba Beta
2. “The only limits in your life are those that you set yourself.” – Celestine Chua
1. “We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.” – Max DePree
10. “It may be that those who do most, dream most.” – Stephen Leacock
9. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it’s a small price to pay for living a dream.” – Peter McWilliams
7. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
5. “Dreams are the touchstones of our characters.” – Henry David Thoreau
4. “If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.” – Walt Disney
3. “I don’t dream at night, I dream all day; I dream for a living.” – Steven Spielberg
2. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
1. “20 years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Looking for inspiration at work? Instead of asking how to find it, ask yourself how you lost it in the first place! We’re so excited for you to Find the Fire with us today!
This article by Scott Mautz also appeared on Inc.com. To read more Inc. articles by Scott Mautz, click here.